Call for RSA 2014 Panel Proposals
Call for Panel Proposals: CRRS-Sponsored Sessions at RSA, New York City, 27-29 March 2014
As an Associate Organization of the Renaissance Society of America (RSA), the CRRS is entitled to sponsor up to five sessions at the RSA’s annual meeting in New York City, 27-29 March 2014. Sponsorship signifies that sessions pre-approved by the CRRS are automatically accepted for the RSA annual meeting.
Proposals are invited for these panels, and will be vetted by a small sub-committee of the CRRS Programs Committee. As was the case for the RSA conference held in San Diego this past weekend, it is hoped that this call will draw exciting proposals that highlight some elements of University of Toronto’s huge strengths in early modern studies and that draw on colleagues from other universities, both Canadian and international. 2014 is a particularly significant year for CRRS, since it will be celebrating its 50th anniversary. Interdisciplinary proposals are most welcome, but specialized proposals will also be considered. All participants must be RSA members, and proposals must follow RSA guidelines.
Session organizers should submit the following:
– a 200 (max) word abstract describing the objective of their session
– the names of speakers (+ email addresses, institutional affiliations, and 300-word bios)
– the titles + abstracts (150 words max.) of the papers to be read + keywords for each paper.
– name of proposed session chair and (if applicable) session respondent (NB chairs, respondents, and session organizers should also submit email addresses and institutional affiliations, but no bio is required)
– specification of audiovisual needs, if any
Please send proposals to email@example.com by Friday, May 24. Only complete proposals will be considered. You will be informed of decisions by the first week of June so that, for panels that cannot be accommodated, the option of submitting to the general RSA call for papers will still be available.