- Click here to see the City of Toronto map.
- Public Transit: The Airport Rocket provides all-day, regular accessible express bus service between Kipling Station on the Bloor-Danforth Subway and Pearson International Airport. Travel time is about 45 minutes and would cost the value of a TTC ticket ($3.00 CAD as of 2013). From Kipling travel eastbound to St. George Station.
- Taxis: Taxis to hotels in downtown Toronto cost between $50 CAD and $60 CAD, plus tip, and take about 30 – 40 mins (as of 2013).
- Airport Limos: Limousines to hotels in downtown Toronto cost between $45 CAD and $55 CAD, plus tip, and take about 30 – 40 mins. Limousines are comfortable sedans, typically black, that operate similarly to taxis, but offer a higher standard of service and newer vehicles. Limousines are available outside of every terminal. The City of Toronto licenses the limousines that service Toronto Pearson International Airport to ensure safety standards and fare consistency. Rates are predetermined based on the time and distance to your destination within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Airport limos can be booked in advance at (416)445-1999.
- Airport Express Shuttle: The Airport Express takes about 40 minutes to reach downtown Toronto and costs about $23.95 CAD one way (plus tip). The Airport Express Shuttle runs from the arrivals terminal at Pearson International Airport to downtown Toronto hotels every 20 minutes during peak periods, or 30 minutes during non-peak times. Call (905) 564-6333 or (905) 564-3232.
From Billy Bishop Airport
- Public Transit: From the airport take Porter Airline’s complimentary shuttle to Union Station. From Union Station travel north on the Univeristy-Spadina line to St. George Station ($3 TTC fare).
- Taxis: There is a taxi rank immediately upon exiting the airport. Standard city rates will apply.
- Airport Shuttle: A complimentary express shuttle bus runs between Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport and Downtown Toronto (Union Station). The shuttle is open to anyone going to the airport, whether or not they are travelling.
The CRRS books discounted rooms at the nearby Park Hyatt and the Holiday Inn for many of its conferences. Please call the hotels for their special CRRS discount rates. For other accommodation options, please click here.
- The Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor-Yorkville is a 10-minute walk from the conference venue ($129 per night). Local telephone: 416-968-0010
- The Park Hyatt is a 5-minute walk from the conference venue ($199 per night). Local telephone: 416-925-1234
Alternatively, one can find more economical rates at various University of Toronto student residences. The Burwash residence has summer rates and also a guest room, right on the Victoria University Campus where CRRS events take place. There are other residences on campus, a slightly longer walk away (10 minutes as opposed to 2 minutes walk) which offer cheaper rates, like Massey Hall or New College.
Asuka, 108 Yorkville, Ave., 416-975-9084 ($$, Japanese/Korean)
Bar Mercurio, 270 Bloor St. West, 416-960-3877 ($$$$, Italian)
The Bedford Academy, 36 Prince Arthur Ave, 416-921-4600 ($$, pubfare)
A favourite of students and faculty alike. Good food and a large beer selection in a welcoming pub setting.
Bloor Street Diner, 55 Bloor St. West, Manulife Centre (entrance on Bay St. north of Charles St.), 416-928-3105 ($$$)
The Courtyard, 121 Yorkville Ave., 416-513-9688 ($, Hungarian)
Duke of York, 39 Prince Arthur Ave., 416-964-2441 ($$, pub fare)
Dynasty Chinese Cuisine, 69 Yorkville Ave, 416-923-3323 ($$$, Chinese)
Foxes Den Bar and Grill, 1075 Bay St., 416-962-2975 ($$, pub fare)
Fresh, 326 Bloor St W, (416) 599-4442 ($$, vegetarian)
A Toronto favourite! Vegan, vegetarian and gluten free dishes that will satisfy even the most carnivorous of palates.
Harbord House, 150 Harbord St, 647-430-7365 ($$, pubfare)
Host Fine Indian Cuisine, 14 Prince Arthur Ave., 416-962-4678 ($$, Indian)
The Hyatt Roof Lounge, 4 Avenue Rd. 416- 924-5471
Enjoy a cocktail while taking in panoramic views of the Toronto skyline.
Morton’s of Chicago Steakhouse, 4 Avenue Rd., 416-925-0648 ($$, American)
A traditional steakhouse located in the Hyatt.
Jacques Bistro du Parc, 126 Cumberland St, 416- 961-1893, ($$$, French)
Over Easy, 208 Bloor St. West, 416-922-2345 ($, breakfast/brunch fare)
Opus, 37 Prince Andrew Ave., 416-921-3105 ($$$$)
The Oxley Public House, 121 Yorkville Ave, (647) 348-1300 ($$$, upscale pub fare)
Il Posto, 148 Yorkville Ave., 416-968-0469 ($$$, Italian)
Real Thailand, 350 Bloor St. West, 416-924-7444 ($, Thai)
Sushi Inn, 120 Cumberland St., 416-923-9992 ($$, Japanese)
Trattoria Nervosa, 75 Yorkville Ave, (416) 961-4642 ($$$, Italian)
Great pizzas, homemade pastas, and people watching. A Yorkville institution with high quality food.
Le Trou Normand, 90 Yorkville Ave., 416-967-5056 ($$, French)
Utsav, 69 Yorkville Ave, 416-961-8349 ($$, Indian)
Cafes on and near Campus
Aroma Espresso Bar, 1110 Bay St.
b Espresso Bar, 273 Bloor Street West
L’ Espresso Bar Mercurio, 321 Bloor St. W.
Nespresso Boutique Bar, 159 Cumberland St.,
Second Cup Bloor and Spadina, 324 Bloor St. W.
Second Cup Bloor and Avenue, 170 Bloor St. W.
Starbucks Bloor and Avenue, 150 Bloor St. W.
Starbucks, Robarts Library, 130 St. George St.
Lunch on and near Campus
A la Carte at the Gardiner Museum, 111 Queens Park, (416) 362-1957 ($$)
Ned’s Café, 150 Charles Street West, 416-585-4521 ext. 3105 ($)
Gallery Grill, Hart House, (416) 978-2445 ($$$)
Sammy’s Student Exchange, Hart House, 416-978-3325 ($)
Scaccia, Manulife Centre, Concourse level, 55 Bloor St. West, 416-963-9864 ($, Italian lunch fare)
Whole Foods Café (ground floor) and Supermarket (take the escalator), 87 Avenue Rd.
For a list and comprehensive review of restaurants in the city, click here.