- Click here to see the City of Toronto map.
- Public Transit: The Airport Rocket provides all-day, regular accessible express bus service between Kipling Station on the Bloor-Danforth Subway and Pearson International Airport. Travel time is about 45 minutes and would cost the value of a TTC ticket ($3.00 CAD as of 2013). From Kipling travel eastbound to St. George Station.
- Taxis: Taxis to hotels in downtown Toronto cost between $50 CAD and $60 CAD, plus tip, and take about 30 – 40 mins (as of 2013).
- Airport Limos: Limousines to hotels in downtown Toronto cost between $45 CAD and $55 CAD, plus tip, and take about 30 – 40 mins. Limousines are comfortable sedans, typically black, that operate similarly to taxis, but offer a higher standard of service and newer vehicles. Limousines are available outside of every terminal. The City of Toronto licenses the limousines that service Toronto Pearson International Airport to ensure safety standards and fare consistency. Rates are predetermined based on the time and distance to your destination within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Airport limos can be booked in advance at (416)445-1999.
- Airport Express Shuttle: The Airport Express takes about 40 minutes to reach downtown Toronto and costs about $23.95 CAD one way (plus tip). The Airport Express Shuttle runs from the arrivals terminal at Pearson International Airport to downtown Toronto hotels every 20 minutes during peak periods, or 30 minutes during non-peak times. Call (905) 564-6333 or (905) 564-3232.
From Billy Bishop Airport
- Public Transit: From the airport take Porter Airline’s complimentary shuttle to Union Station. From Union Station travel north on the Univeristy-Spadina line to St. George Station ($3 TTC fare).
- Taxis: There is a taxi rank immediately upon exiting the airport. Standard city rates will apply.
- Airport Shuttle: A complimentary express shuttle bus runs between Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport and Downtown Toronto (Union Station). The shuttle is open to anyone going to the airport, whether or not they are travelling.
The CRRS books discounted rooms at the nearby Park Hyatt and the Holiday Inn for many of its conferences. Please call the hotels for their special CRRS discount rates. For other accommodation options, please click here.
- The Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor-Yorkville is a 10-minute walk from the conference venue ($129 per night). Local telephone: 416-968-0010
- The Park Hyatt is a 5-minute walk from the conference venue ($199 per night). Local telephone: 416-925-1234
The following restaurants are within walking distance of the University:
Asuka, 108 Yorkville Ave., 416-975-9084 ($$, Japanese/Korean)
Bar Mercurio, 270 Bloor St. West, 416-960-3877 ($$$$)
Bedford Academy, 36 Prince Arthur Ave., 416-921-4600 ($$, pub fare)
Bloor Street Diner, 55 Bloor St. W. (enter off Bay St.), 416-928-3105 ($$$)
Le Commensal Fine Vegetarian Cuisine, 655 Bay St. (enter off Elm St.), 416-596-9364 ($$)
Duke of York, 39 Prince Arthur Ave., 416-964-2441 ($$, British pub fare)
L’Espresso Bar Mercurio, 321 Bloor St. West., 416-585-2233 ($$, Italian lunch fare)
Fieramosca Trattoria, 36A Prince Arthur Avenue, 416-323-0636 ($$$, Italian)
Foxes Den Bar and Grill, 1075 Bay St., 416-962-2975 ($$, pub fare)
Host Fine Indian Cuisine, 14 Prince Arthur Ave., 416-962-4678 ($$, Indian)
Lee Garden, 331 Spadina Ave., 416-593-9524 ($, Chinese)
Matahari Grill, 39 Baldwin St., 416-596-2832 ($$, Malaysian)
Morton’s of Chicago Steakhouse, 4 Avenue Rd., 416-925-0648 ($$)
Over Easy, 208 Bloor St. West., 416-922-2345 ($, breakfast/brunch fare)
Opus, 37 Prince Arthur Ave., 416-921-3105 ($$$$)
Il Posto, 148 Yorkville Ave., 416-968-0469 ($$$, Italian)
Real Thailand, 350 Bloor St. West., 416-924-7444 ($, Thai)
Segovia, 5 St. Nicholas St., 416-960-1010 ($$, Spanish)
Sushi Inn, 120 Cumberland St., 416-923-9992 ($$, Japanese)
Le Trou Normand, 90 Yorkville Ave., 416-967-5056 ($$, French)
Zola, 162 Cumberland St., 416-515-1222 ($$, French)
For a list and comprehensive review of restaurants in the city, click here.